Saturday, June 17, 2006

You don't know what you're missing...

That is, you don’t know until you’ve lost it.

Laura recently went on a trip (paid for by her workplace) to Las Vegas, NV. I wasn’t able to take her because I had the opportunity to teach our Sunday School Class at Briarwood. The moment I left the door, I felt a sort of sinking feeling.

In large part, it was because the person I love more than anyone else would be leaving my life for a week.

I don’t mean to sound sappy by any stretch. To be honest, this doesn’t just happen to me with my wife. It happened to me when my dad died. It happened to me when my friend died.

Thankfully, Laura was just going on a trip to Vegas. She's back now and we can fall asleep in each others' arms.

Still, to let you in on my secret: I think of death and loss more than I ever did before May 5, 2005.

No comments: