Friday, July 06, 2007

What a crumby flight...

No, I don't mean crummy, but it could be that too. I just got off a flight from PHL to CLT - when I entered the plane, my seat was literally full of crumbs [this was only my second time flying US Airways...ever...could be my last], the roof of the plane was actually leaking water droplets [blamed on the humidity, only it must happen frequently as there were stains from the water and rust on the metal] and as I was watching the baggage handlers load the plane, they were literally body slamming some of the luggage onto the conveyor belt to the plane.

Then, it Broke.

Then, they kicked the machine [yeah, like that ever works].

I'm just glad they didn't handle my package...all of my luggage was carryon.

And so I sat at the gate and left about 45 minutes later than what I was supposed to. We still yet and amazingly landed on time.

I pulled out the in flight branded magazine and noticed that most of the pages also had water stains. Some of the pages were ripped out. To top it off, half of the crossword was finished.

I guess it could definitely be worse, but it's kind of strange when a $350 airfare yields as decent a cleanliness as a $2 bus [or SEPTA subway] fare.

I hope that this was more funny for you than whiny. I'll be in Huntsville, AL through Sunday. My mother's church asked me to come and lead a youth retreat. More later - plane's loading!

1 comment:

katie said...

gosh, i hope we didn't leave those crumbs for you! :)
pretty gross flight...