Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Different times call for different men

There was another note about the truck. 2 Days ago, I was checking my Amex balance online and noticed that Penske had tacked another $100.10 onto my bill. I called (this time, calm) and they said they would take care of it. Sure enough, I see a credit on my balance today for the amount.

All do say, different situations have called for different attitudes. Some of you may have read my bit (or, maybe even talked to me) and thought, "Geez, you really shouldn't have lost it like that." The truth of the matter is that if I had not, I wouldn't have been in Philly the next day to buy our house - which is strange. It was not, in fact, until I exploded at the front desk that they even afforded me the option to talk to someone who could actually and honestly do anything about me getting switched.

Of course, this same method wouldn't work in an issue regarding weather (Jason may attest to this?) as the weather is out of the airlines' controls.

Crew issues are not.

Regarding Penske, the process was pretty smooth overall (shouldn't it, I probably spent a total of 5-6 hours waiting for 3 separate tow trucks). But what would have happened if I wouldn't have called?

The question too, is whether or not the gospel affords me the freedom to become angry as I did at the airport. I've even had others tell me that I should write NWA to get further compensated (maybe the same with Penske?) - does the gospel of Christ allow me to do that when I've been compensated for what I purchased (in the one case - airfare; in the other case - transportation of my home to Philadelphia).

In those cases, how am I to view the sovereignty of God? In a practical sense, the sovereignty of my God is something that I don't know if I've really believed as evidenced by practice.

The ethics and cognizance of it all is something entirely different than anything else...what do you think?

1 comment:

Jason Harmon said...

justice is worth making a stink about

dbqpcyd