Sunday, January 14, 2007

She makes all things new...

No, I haven't adopted a feminist manifesto to incorporate into my system of belief.

One of the benefits of being married to a graphic designer is that she has the capability, talent, and desire to do cool things with images [even things as frivolous as making new headers for my page]. On my birthday, one of her presents to me was a favicon. In short, a favicon is representative of its site. If you are reading Blogosaurus Rex, you may be thinking "dinosaur!" Hence, the favicon she created is indeed a dinosaur that looks like the king of dinosaurs himself.

The header above is the third she's made thus far for this blog. The first two were, of course, for Summer and Spring. The summer header actually utilizes one of the pictures we took during our trip to Chicago in July, 2007 [with a little Birmingham flair a'la Vulcan]. She's mentioned doing something googlish like creating a new header for holidays/special events. Here's for hoping!

If you haven't checked out my wife's blog, please do. In addition, she's put up a lot of her artwork at www.e-twilley.com - she has a BFA with concentrations in Printmaking and Graphic Design. You can check out her blog while you're at it.

All to say, if there's any praise to be had for this blog's header, it all belongs to my wonderful, loving, and thoughtful wife.

Another change you might notice is that I've limited the page view to 3 posts. I thought that it would be a little "less messy" when folks stop by. Of course, all the older posts can be found in the archives on the right.

Thanks for stopping by, and for those of you who are interested, there is a followup to Westerncentricity in the works!

4 comments:

katie said...

maybe i'm wrong, but i think we all knew who to give the cool points to for the headers... :)
you do have a very talented wife!

Anonymous said...

I do like the new favicon. I sort of wish though that she could have somehow incorporated the picture of you chasing the goat. I think that would have best captured the Gene-ius of your blog. :)

G. Twilley said...

Katie:
True on both points.

Brian:
Thanks for letting me know that my intellect [or content; whichever you're addressing] is the equivalent to me chasing goats...:-).

samarcela said...

hey gene your blogs the coolest
if you want to visit my blog it samarcela.blogspot.com