Sunday, April 06, 2008

"Stupidest thing...ever..."

I'm trying not to get sucked in to this...
However, I've noticed that some people complain seemingly for the sake of complaining.

In a class that I was teaching, there was a person who had difficulties accessing certain online courses (sorry to be so vague). In any case, I gave her the correct person to contact. She essentially ignored my advice, and then complained about how the people she called weren't helping her. I told/asked no less than 3 times if she had made any attempt to contact the person I told her to. The answer was no.

When the problem was fixed, she continued to complain about how hard of a time she's had in the past in trying to get it to work.

Ugh.


On the plane ride back from Manchester (on U.S. Air), the stewardess informed everyone during her safety speech that all the windows needed to be open for the sake of safety (albeit strange, it was not difficult to comply).

A guy behind me, when told to close his window, exclaimed "This is the stupidest thing ever."
On our descent, he was asked again to open his window and exclaimed a second time, "This is the stupidest thing ever."

Really? I should have turned around to ask.

Kind of interesting to look from the outside in to see how small inconveniences are literally ruining peoples lives and how, when it happens, they want to suck you into their world to be a complainer too...

4 comments:

Bryan said...

i hate people. they're the worst!

s. wells said...

i know exactly what you mean- i work with and for all of those people.

susan said...

I didn't know you could open the windows on a plane. It would have been funny if that guy had been sucked out of the window and went plummeting to earth, arms flailing, yelling NOOOOOoooooooo as he made his descent.

It would have been a little bit funny.

enouphm

G. Twilley said...

AU - I don't hate people - that sounds akin to murdering them, per Jesus;-).

S.Wells - I'm glad you could identify.

Susan - got me. Very astute observation. Maybe he just thought that it was stupid that she was asking him to close the window since it is impossible (well, improbable) to open.

qmjiw